Industrial Access machines contributed to the preparation of National Arena Stadium for the UEFA Europe League 2012 final
Bucharest, 26 April, 2012
Industrial Access took a direct part into the process of the preparation of National Arena Stadium for the UEFA Europe League 2012 final, which will take place on 9 May, in Bucharest. The works process lasted one month.
“Industrial Access delivered not only high-end technology equipment, which is a guarantee for the quality and sustainability of the project. We also offered a custom-made solution, adapted to the specifics of National Arena: we built a custom made machine so that it can answer the requirements of the location and the tasks”, said Stefan Ponea, CEO and Managing Partner, Industrial Access.
“After a site survey made by Industrial Access’ team, in order to evaluate the needs and take measures, 5 solutions came out as necessary for National Arena”, added Alexandru Potarla, Sales Representative, Access & Lifting Equipment Division, Industrial Access:
1. Adjustments of the lighting system with the cable-suspended platform GEDA AB650, especially modified for this location. Originally, this unit was design for access and working at height on the building. For this project, the anchoring system of this machine was specially customize so it can be suspended on the roof structure, which is unique in Romania.
2. Working at height to set up and adjust the the stadium’s infrastructure following UEFA specifications, with a JLG 600AJ boom lift: minimum working time, minimum fuel consumption, access in narrow spaces, minimum impact on the lawn and unrestricted working diagram were the main requirements for this application.
3. Materials & miscellaneous handling in order to install the lawn with two multifunctional telescopic material handlers JLG 4017. Front site working conditions, maximum weight and powershift transmission and 4WS were essential criteria in choosing these machines.
4. Roof access from the edge of the football field and installation adjustments with JLG 1500SJ, the highest self-propelled telescopic boom lift and the only machine of this kind in Romania. It can reach the height of 47 meters and it can move at this height autonomously. For this intervention, the challenge came from the big size of the machine. Nevertheless, it was the only solution possible under the conditions given by the project.
5. Loading / unloading the back-up generators. The generators were mounted for back-up, in case a power outage occurs during the final.
The fleet of Industrial Access took part in the construction project of National Arena, together with other important constructions in Romania, as Arena Stadium (Cluj-Napoca), Metro, Real and Ikea. Industrial Access has a fleet of over 800 machines with an average age of 34 months, whose total worth is of 18 million euros.
Industrial Access Romania, leader of the Romanian MEWP market
With a market share of 23% in 2009, Industrial Access Romania is the leader of the Romanian MEWP market (rental services, sales, after-sale services, consulting, financing, etc). The company offers turnkey solutions that guarantee the success of any project and the maximum productivity for its clients. The efforts of the company focus on offering custom mobile solutions, at the right time and just as long as the client requires, anywhere in Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia and the Republic of Moldova. In June 2011 the company was nominated winner of the European Rental Award in the category “Best Small Rental Company of the Year” (with a turnover of less than 15 million euro).
The main shareholder of Industrial Access, Balkan Accession Fund (BAF), is a regional equity fund with a net value of 110 million euro, created with the scope of identifying investment opportunities generated by the integration of Romania in the European Union in 2007, but also with the scope of selectively investing in other countries in the Balkans. The main investors of the fund are RAEF, EBRD, DEG, FMO and BSTDB.
For further information regarding Industrial Access please visit www.mymateco.ro.
0726 55 55 64